When John Harvey Kellogg first developed peanut butter in 1895, it was for individuals who had been older and wanted extra protein-rich vitamins.

Greater than 150 years later, unfold stays a favourite addition to breakfast and different meals not solely within the Western world, however in India as properly.

Silvassa primarily based peanut butter model of Gujarat Imy health I The favored unfold is geared toward giving a wholesome twist. The model claims to be first within the class.

“Peanut butter, on the finish of the day, is a good supply of protein. And the way in which we make it, our method might be the perfect available in the market,” Pujan Shah, Head of Technique and Enterprise Improvement, MyFitness, in dialog with I declare your story,

Powered by Tanvi Health Pvt. Ltd., MyFitness claims to get rid of extra oil from butter, primarily turning it right into a snack. “Persons are utilizing our product as a pre-workout snack,” explains Pujan.

credit score: YourStory Design

Relative-turned-business companions Mohammad Patel, a Chartered Accountant, and Rahil Virani, a Monetary Advisor, launched MyFitness as a new-age direct to shopper (D2C) meals model that’s wholesome, tasty and nutritious. Gives loads of meals gadgets. With the 2 having a household enterprise primarily within the export of peanuts and peanut butter, the entrepreneurs all the time felt strongly about customizing the product for the Indian market.

“The export enterprise is a very separate entity and MyFitness is a model catering to the wants of the individuals in India,” says Pujan.

the start

Launched in 2019 with two variations – Authentic Peanut Butter and Pure Peanut Butter, the agency has added a couple of extra to its vary – Honey, Chocolate Crunchy and Chocolate Smoothie, and is promoting 6,000-7,000 jars every single day .

In line with Poojan, this progress has come due to strategic partnerships with Indian cricketer Hardik Pandya and superstar personalities like actors Kriti Sanon and Samantha Akkineni. He additionally attributes the expansion to a powerful phrase of mouth from bodybuilders and a powerful influencer advertising and marketing technique.

MyFitness has a community of round 1,200 influential individuals. The agency is among the sponsors of Joe Weider’s Olympia, a bodybuilding competitors, for larger model recognition.

Peanut butter model ties up with third get together producer to supply 90 tonnes of butter

the agency has elevated their Advertising and marketing 5x . spends as much as In comparison with final 12 months, and can spend 15-20 crores on model constructing.

MyFitness is now within the strategy of opening a brand new manufacturing facility with a third-party producer that 90 ton manufacturing goal peanut butter every single day, in comparison with 25 tons at its present facility. The startup, which began with 4 staff, at present has a group of 30 individuals.

About 55 % of MyFitness gross sales come via on-line channels, whereas the remaining 45 % comes from retail shops. MyFitness Butter hasn’t entered basic or fashionable commerce shops but because it primarily targets health shops.

funding and competitors

The corporate raised a $1 million seed spherical from early-stage investor 9Unicorn with participation from D2C model Beardo co-founders Ashutosh Valani and Priyanka Shah, amongst others.

In line with Pujan, the funds can be used to additional develop the group because it explores product growth by introducing Apple Cider Vinegar and Rolled Oats. “Whereas we glance to introduce these new merchandise, we’ll proceed to place MyFitness as a peanut butter snack and health model, and launch a brand new model for apple cider vinegar and different well being merchandise,” mentioned Pujan. it’s mentioned.

So far as competitors is anxious, huge title merchandise like Marico’s Saffola and Sundrops are in the identical class, and D2C manufacturers like Yoga Bar, The Complete Reality and Pintola additionally give robust competitors.

“We’re going to differentiate ourselves by specializing in health fanatics, physique builders and within the breakfast class. Not many individuals have entered the health class via one thing so simple as peanut butter,” quipped Pujan.



Supply hyperlink